Elevate Driving School and Your Instructor
It is the pupil’s responsibility to make all agents of Elevate Driving School including telephone operators aware at all times if there are any underlying reasons that our agents may be unaware of that may impact on the advice necessary to give to you. You must make us aware of any condition, illness or medication which may disaffect your ability to undertake driving lessons or your driving test, in particular any medication that you may be taking. Your driving instructor is a self-employed agent who receives referrals from Elevate driving school and all our instructors will not tolerate rude or threatening behaviour from any pupils.. The driving school acts purely as a referral agent for driving instructors to book pupils in and on occasions to receive payments on behalf of your driving instructor which we immediately debit into your driving instructors account. Pupils ideally would always make further subsequent payments directly to their driving instructor and in the first instance all your concerns or complaints should be directed to your driving instructor. The driving school whenever necessary will supply information and documentation to Elevate Driving School staff and process pupil online payments for lessons on behalf of your driving instructor. The contract for driving lessons and all business and financial transactions including driving test bookings and cancellations is solely between the pupil and your driving instructor. For you to ensure your driving instructor is available for your driving test date and time, you must have been in touch with your driving instructor by text or e.mail at least 28 days prior to your driving test and also must have taken a driving lesson at least 14 days prior to your driving test date and unless you and your instructor agree to the contrary, you must not have cancelled any driving lessons in the 7 days immediately prior to and before your driving test date or your driving instructor retains the right to not allow you to use their car for your driving test. All driving instructors throughout the UK have a professional obligation to not allow pupils to attend for test in their car if they consider the test candidate to be a risk to other road users while on test.
You the pupil and your driving instructor are jointly responsible for agreeing all financial transactions and lesson matters, times, locations and duration of individual lessons. Ultimately it is the responsibility of you the pupil to confirm any driving test booking or driving test cancellation with both your instructor and the DVSA in the event of a cancellation to prevent any loss of test fees paid.
Cancellation of lessons
If a pupil wishes to cancel a lesson, a minimum of 24 hours prior notice must be given directly to your driving instructor’s phone by a call or text or other message or the lesson must be paid for in full. If your instructor cancels a lesson, due to a mechanical failure or a Short Notice Test Cancellation the instructor shall rearrange the lesson as soon as practically possible making you a priority. Cancellations preferably must be made directly between the pupil and your driving instructor but if however you can not get hold of your driving instructor please call our Office on 01158 717475. If the pupil does not give at least 24 hours notice of cancellation they will be charged for the lesson(s) concerned in full at the Standard Rate as your instructor would have been able to fill that space with another pupil. All course and blocks of lessons including gift vouchers whether purchased online or otherwise have an ‘Expiry Date’ and you should in the first instance consult your driving instructor then any member of our team if you are in any way unsure, before you make payment and before your lessons expire.
Payments and lesson bookings
You must pay for any lesson before you start the engine of your car to begin your lesson unless you have some pre arranged agreement with your driving instructor and all pre paid lesson purchases have a strict expiry date, you should not make a purchase if you are in anyway unclear as to the expiry date of your purchase.You can make payment by using one of the following methods:
- Payment Online at our Website by credit or debit card
- Driving School pre paid gift card or Cash
- Pre Paid voucher and gift cards have no cash value and have to be redeemed against lessons
- Vouchers or Gift Cards will not be accepted if defaced or altered in any way
- Voucher and gift cards are not transferable once they have been redeemed.
- Payment by cash or cheque direct to your instructor (any cheque must be made payable to your instructor).
- Elevate School of Motoring has no responsibility or liability for pupil’s payments made by any other means.
- If the pupil pays an instructor directly by any method, they should obtain a receipt or have the payment signed off on their appointment card.
- Elevate Driving School accepts no responsibility for any payments made directly to driving instructors.
The cost of prepaid lesson is based on the lesson price in force at the time of booking and, with the exception of the circumstances set out below, will be usually be honored for 1 year thereafter irrespective of any price increase that may occur between the date of booking and when the lessons are taken. Any unused lessons that have not yet expired, remaining after 1 year has elapsed shall have any lesson price increase applied prior to the lessons which shall become payable by the pupil to your driving instructor.
Special offers and discounts
Elevate Driving School has a range of offers and discounts available to new and existing pupils and we reserve the right to introduce (and to withdraw) special offers and discounts from time to time depending on availability and the economy. All online and cash purchases of special offers, introductory deals, pre paid gift vouchers and block bookings have expiry dates of the number purchased from the date of purchase which begins from the date of purchase + 4 extra weeks…. ( ie a purchase of 6 expires 10 weeks later and a purchase of 8 expires 12 weeks later )
Our introductory offer of lessons are only available to new learners who have never driven in their life before at all and who have never taken or passed a driving test in any other country. Anyone who has taken up any of the Total Beginner offers and has shown to have driven in the past is subject to the full recovery of the cost of the lesson or lessons taken at the usual lesson rate.
Introductory offers only apply to manual driving lessons and at this point in time special offers and introductory deals are not available for automatic lessons.
Refund policy and warranty
Pupils are entitled to discontinue pre paid blocks of lessons with your driving instructor at any time (provisions relating to cancellation, see ‘Cancellation of lessons’ above). If the pupil has not yet taken any lesson(s) or cancelled any lessons late at the time of cancellation, they are entitled to a full refund of any amounts paid online to Elevate Driving School minus a 5% banking and transaction charge where refunds are made directly from Elevate Driving School of the total purchase amount. as long as those lessons have not gone beyond their expiry date subject to the points below
- In the first instance you the pupil and customer must direct all business and financial matters directly to your driving instructor, the person who has subsequently received your payment and agreed lesson provision with you, and your driving instructor is responsible for refunding you.
- All online transactions for pre paid gift vouchers if in the event the pre paid gift vouchers do not arrive, your online receipt and photo identification acts as the same purchase and can be used to access the service of driving tuition.
- If the pupil has taken lesson(s) at the time of cancellation, the pupil will be charged our standard rate or the higher rate for each lesson taken up to the point of cancellation plus a banking and transaction charge of either £25 or 5% of the actual original purchase amount a fee which is necessary to arrange and facilitate the refund and any subsequent correspondence.
- Outstanding driving lessons can only be transferred between driving instructors with the expressed agreed permission of the driving instructor who has received any monies for a pupils driving lessons.
- Elevate Driving School and our instructors reserve the right to refund pupils by any method deemed appropriate but whenever possible by a cash transaction usually by BACS.
- Elevate driving School may request additional information from you to confirm your identity in order to comply with the Money Laundering Regulations 2007 and ensure your legal entitlement to drive.
- We will also use this information to ensure adherence to our Merchant Operating Instructions for online payment facilities.
- Refunds usually take up to 7 – 14 working days to reach the pupil or their account.
- Our driving instructors just like DSA employees and any other service provider can refuse to continue lessons, blocks of lessons or courses with immediate effect if they feel in any way intimidated or threatened by the actions or behaviour of a pupil and any subsequent refund from your driving instructor should be in line with our terms and conditions.
- Refund in part of any introductory offers of first 5 lessons for £105 or 8 for £152 all lessons taken will be charged at full standard lesson rate, it would be in your best interests whenever possible to complete your introductory deal offer first and then if you are unhappy ring our Office on 01158 717475 and we will allocate you a new driving instructor.
- Refund of partial block bookings shall be calculated based on the rate set against the number of lesson taken. (example: if only 5 lessons are taken from a block of 10 lessons purchase, refund calculation will based at 5 lessons taken at Standard Rate or the higher rate + a £25 Admin Fee )
- If the pupil has paid using a prepaid gift card or voucher, we will not be able to proceed to any cash refund after redemption of the card or voucher but would refund you further vouchers once all information necessary has been collated.
- If you the pupil have paid your instructor for the lesson and wish to cancel, your driving instructor will refund to you adhering to the same principles as set out above and which are also outlined briefly on the back of your appointment card and most often it is in your best interests financially to complete the pre paid block of lessons. Nothing contained within these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
Transferability of lessons
Pupil lessons are only valid if they are purchased through the channels outlined in the ‘Payments and lesson bookings’ section set out above. In the event that lessons were not purchased in accordance with the foregoing terms, Elevate Driving School reserve the right to suspend or discontinue your driving lessons with immediate effect.
An investigation will then be conducted by us in order to check the validity of the purchase. Where the results of the investigation determine that the lessons are not valid they will not be given and Elevate Driving School shall have no liability in these circumstances and may seek recompense for any lessons taken.
Limitation of liability
Elevate Driving School and its driving instructors are not liable to pupil for any loss or damage caused where, and to the extent that there is no breach of a legal duty owed to pupil by the relevant person or body or if such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of such a breach or for matters outside of the reasonable control of the relevant person or body.
Elevate Driving School and its instructors shall not, in any event, be liable for losses relating to any business interests pupils may have including, without limitation, lost profits, lost earnings, loss of opportunity or business or business interruption and pupils are reminded that Elevate Driving School is not a party to the contract for driving lesson itself, which is between you the pupil and your instructor.
Everything mentioned above or listed any where in our terms and conditions does not in any way disaffect any statutory rights that you the pupil may have as a consumer.
Law applying to terms and conditions
Elevate Driving School and it’s Management is totally committed to customer satisfaction and although your contract of driving lessons and or driving test booking is between you the pupil and your driving instructor, should in the unlikely event of any problem arising, in the 1st instance you the pupil should resolve this with your driving instructor immediately. In the unlikely event that pupils are unable to reach a satisfactory conclusion firstly with your driving instructor, please feel free to call our Office on 01158 717475 and a member of our Management Team will look into the situation further and if necessary look through call logs, instructor diaries and all forms of correspondence, texts and e.mails to help evidence the pattern of events and if necessary either discontinue providing you with lessons or allocate you another driving instructor.
Please note and be aware that we would require evidence of any financial transactions, online purchase dated receipt and any previous lesson times taken and the days those lessons were taken before we are able to thoroughly investigate. Therefore, it is vital that you keep both your pupil progress sheet and all appointment cards and have them to hand to assist our Management Team.
If you have any concerns or complaints about any part of your driving tuition please raise them immediately in the first instance with your driving instructor and if after doing so you still have concerns and feel they can not be resolved with your instructor, please telephone us at our Office on 01158 717475 or e.mail us at email@example.com and address all concerns for the attention of the duty manager and rest assured that we will investigate the matter thoroughly. Please be aware that nothing previously outlined above or anywhere in our website affects your statutory rights as a consumer.